Shipping and Customer Service Clerk
Manufacturing company is currently seeking a Shipping Clerk to join the quickly growing and expanding environment of Rieker Inc. This is an entry level position. The Shipping Clerk will be responsible for reviewing orders and scheduling the daily orders. The clerk will print and proof, packing slips, issue invoices, freight labels, and special documents like customs documentation and bar-coded labels. They may do some of the back-end shipping such as packing cartons and serializing parts. They will work with the Customer Care Coordinator to provide timely, accurate and effective proactive communication with customers and all internal personnel linked to the sales order process. This person should be comfortable communicating with domestic and international customers, motivated to continue improved processes in customer service as well as be part of a small front office team that manages various needs of a medium sized specialty sensor company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Front line Telephone responsibilities. Determine the flow of incoming calls between sales, customer care, engineering, management, and overflow calls into voice mail, and process quickly and efficiently without fail.
- Manage and take ownership of accounts through the order fulfillment cycle;
- Ensure proactive and professional communications with external and internal customers/staff;
- Partner with the sales team and production floor on customer-related activities
- Access customer portals and enter information as required per customer needs.
- Confirm pricing, inventory availability, and shipping information to the customer;
- Receive purchase orders (P.O.'s), from customers as well as issue RMA as needed enter orders in QuickBooks as well as generate in MRP system as needed. Quote products as requested.
Interface with quality, engineering, operations, production, and sales regarding order/shipping issues.
- Provide coverage for customer service team members to ensure seamless service to the customer and within the department;
- Actively participate in departmental meetings;
- Provide sales or account/activity reports to management as required;
- Ensure customer orders are accurately entered;
- Build customer intimacy and optimize customer care by continuously capturing relevant information on customers, products, processes and systems;
- Proactively seek innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve operating efficiencies;
- Welcome guests and visitors to the facility in a professional and secure manner, establish appointments vs cold calls and handle as needed. Facilitate the visit as well as determine planned space for the meetings to support management staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferably a customer service and or document clerk background.
Experience with UPS, FedEx, and other freight carrier software preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook is required;
- Experience with SAP/MRP type platform and quality platform is preferred;
- Technically savvy with demonstrated ability of quickly learning new systems;
- Strong problem solving skills are essential;
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume work environment; (multitasking is essential).
- Excellent organizational skills are essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Must be detail oriented, with strong keyboarding skills, to ensure accurate order entry.
*Must be reliable with minimal out time
Mon-Fri 7:30 am-4:30 pm. (Full-Time)
• Location: Aston PA
• Compensation: Competitive package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO
Fill out the application below or Email your resume (or application) to firstname.lastname@example.org
No walk-ins or third party agency- recruiters will be accepted for this position